I was just daydreaming about this today and so I thought I'd jot a note about it. By no means an end all analysis of clinching, just some thoughts on the topic:
- Between Hands (Centerline Path)
- Use the "Pinocchio Stance" with one arm extended and the other in a high guard (protecting head). Use extended hand to control midline and then sequence the hands to the neck.
- Outside Hands (Outside Line Path)
- Slip and pivot -- off opponent's attack, slip to outside and the half turn so that your centerline is to their hip.
- Over Hands
- Double Pat -- off your strikes (e.g. jab-cross) tap/trap hands and insert under hooks
- Under Hands
- High shot -- off either offense or defense, lower level avoiding hands and clinch.