Post-exercise and evening supplement
- 1 scoop (28.4 g) whey protein (Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein Vanilla Ice Cream *Gold Series - 5 Lb)
- 1 scoop (43 g) Phosphagen HP/creatine (EAS Phosphagen HP Grape - 4 Lb)
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) glutamine (Ultimate Nutrition GlutaPURE Powder - 1000 Gram)
- 1 scoop (20 g) PowerAde Mountain Blast
In addition, every evening before bed I take:
- 1 tablespoon (2 g) methycellulose (fiber)
Fiber you ask? No I'm not old, it just normalizes everything (especially with a high protein diet), plus it decreases the incidence of hemorrhoids (suck), anal fissure (suckier), and colon cancer (suckiest).
- 4 tablets (3000 mg glucosamine HCL and 2400 mg chondroitin sulfate) glucosamin/chondroitin complex (Osteo Bi-Flex Triple Strength)
Based on my review of the research, glucosamin/chondroitin complex shows a benefit on joints but at doses above the recommended dose. Anecdotally, an active life have beat my joints mercilessly should I miss my dose of glucosamin/chondroitin I will have problems walking without a limp. Additionally, both my parent's big dogs are on it and start limping without it. My mother is an active runner who supplements with glucosamin/chondroitin and had decreased joint pain. My grandmother was more active in her final years after starting glucosamin/chondroitin.
- 1 multivitamin (Centrum)
Theoretically, given a perfectly balanced diet, vitamin supplementation (and fiber supplementation for that matter) would be unnecessary. However in today's busy life style with convenient snack foods and express restaurants who eats a balanced diet? If you are physically very active this will simply increase your vitamin and mineral needs. So I top off the tanks a little bit.