Prefight Training and JKD Skills
- Body Hook-Body Hook-Same side Head Hook
- Body Hook-Body Hook-Opposite side Head Hook
- Body Hook-Opposite side Upper Cut
- Body Hook-Same side Hammer Fist
Afterwards worked with Andy and Pedro on the stick and knife material for the JKD test this weekend. The things that I think are most important are
- Going slowly, the tip of the stick moves a lot faster being 3' further out.
- Committing to the attack, the drills only make sense if some is trying to hit you.
- Footwork, if boxing needs great footwork, kali needs phenomenal foot work, its one thing to move around punches it is something completely different to dance around a stick going 3 times faster.