JKD & BJJ Highly Dextrous Kali
Andy and I worked on some more advanced stickwork. First we covered palisut (ice pick grip):
- Pick up an angle 1 thrust and sweep down and across body
- Check elbow and thrust to kidneys
- Partner checks with free hand and feeds angle 2 thrust
- Forearm check and upward backhand knife slash to wrist
- Return angle 1 thrust
- Partner outside sweep check, clear hand be ready for angle 1 from the top
We are supposed to pick up disarms from this drill, I need to work on them before I can verbalize them.
Double stick passing with three returned strikes
- Start open and pass angle 1
- Return jab and retract into closed.
- Left forehand, right back hand, left backhand redondo. Still closed.
- Pass angle 2. Feed right forward and go closed. Left back hand, right backhand redondo. Go to open.
Needs A LOT of work
Double stick sumbrada, need to work on insertion points for breaking the rhythm
- Pass angle one and feed backhand, return to the beginning of the pattern.
- Rather than feeding angle 5 thrust, feed angle 1.
- Rather than feeding angle 1, abiniko to angle 2, make sure to get all the way around and not just place stick in your partner's immediate FOV.
I was strongly considering going to compete in Indiana this weekend, but my knees took a serious beating this weekend with people trying to bend them in the non-flexion direction. I don't have the stability or flexion I'd like to train let alone, so I'll probably give it a pass.