GJ "Like a bull on acid"
Following Jack's presentation the advanced guys worked a few rounds:
- Kick the puncher
- Use tiip and thai kicks to hold off the puncher
- Clinch the puncher
- Using the four paths to clinch, clinch off the puncher's offense.
- Dirty boxing
- Using focus mitts stay close and work short hooks, upper cuts, and crosses. Use the rip to step out and create space or open the distance and have the hitter flow into longer range punches. Also throw in the clinch.
- 3 Knees Turn Lap
- With the thai pads, throw three knees and turn your partner, "walking" them down and back on the mat.
- Simply apply head or shoulder pressure superiorly (pushing) as you scoop out the hips (pulling). You can hook the leg to trip simultaneously.
- Knee bump
- Scoop the hips toward you generating kazushi (off-balancing), then bump laterally with knee to trip them to the mat. You do not need to lift them up, just lighten the amount of weight they have loaded on their feet.
- Hip toss
- Use the double unders to throw the hip toss, often you will need to "break" the column of the spine, or to step out laterally before switching into the hip toss.