Today we reviewed JKD knife work and then the BJJ techniques from Tuesday
. Jack mentioned several refinements:
- Escape from Side Mount (Four Points Transition)
- Use an armless Spider-Man transition. That is bridge the hips high then feed the leg nearest your opponent under your other bent leg and retreating. Regain 4-points and secure leg as described previously.
- Kimura (Inferior Shoulder Lock) from Side Mount
- Attack the elbow rather than the shoulder (Shooto style). Thus we set-up the figure four just proximal to the elbow and make the arm straighter rather than more bent.
- Americana (Superior Shoulder Lock) from Side Mount
- When your opponent push on you, retract only your shoulder, do not roll your entire body away.
- Posterior Collar Choke from Side Mount
- This is a high percentage technique it (a) threatens submission, (b) does not give up position, and (c) looks like you are staying active on top.